Topic: Poll: What is your experience level?

Just curious to see what most people's level of experience with local lead gen is.

Re: Poll: What is your experience level?

I've run one LLG campaign for a dentist when I lived in Vegas, and it did pretty well.

I moved back to San Diego. I'm working on 3 campaigns in smaller niches for friends and family. Pretty much just for charity, and to test some more local advertising methods out. Not looking to make $$$ off them.

The huge potential in LLG is obvious, but I'm too busy with other projects to focus on it right now. We'll see though, I might pursue it more later.

I'm interested in getting started. I've been big as an affiliate, but a lot of that stuff has dried up for me. Right now I'm trying to talk with family and friends to find an "in" somewhere. I want to start the process with someone that is family or extended family, so that I can take it slow, refine the process and find what works before I start cold calling/emailing, or generally working with people I do not know.

I'm pretty interested in getting started too. I've been toying with the idea for awhile, but i've never really had any ideas on how to track conversions. I'm still a bit hazy in this area. I like the idea of using google voice to track the phone leads, but I'm completely confused as to how to track web leads if they go through the client site.

jchen wrote:

I'm pretty interested in getting started too. I've been toying with the idea for awhile, but i've never really had any ideas on how to track conversions. I'm still a bit hazy in this area. I like the idea of using google voice to track the phone leads, but I'm completely confused as to how to track web leads if they go through the client site.

You would use the same methods that you would use to track leads on a site you owned. Use tracking pixels from whatever advertising system you use and have the web form send the information to an email you own. That way you can scrub out bad leads and everything looks high quality to the customer.

Ghazz wrote:

You would use the same methods that you would use to track leads on a site you owned. Use tracking pixels from whatever advertising system you use and have the web form send the information to an email you own. That way you can scrub out bad leads and everything looks high quality to the customer.

So if the client is say a doctor and they already have a web form of their own for new clients/appointments, would you just use a different one? That's where I'm getting confused because if you use the same one.. how do you tell which is what you generated and which is what they got on their own. I've only had tracking pixels placed into offers and not on my own site.

jchen wrote:
Ghazz wrote:

So if the client is say a doctor and they already have a web form of their own for new clients/appointments, would you just use a different one? That's where I'm getting confused because if you use the same one.. how do you tell which is what you generated and which is what they got on their own. I've only had tracking pixels placed into offers and not on my own site.

Usually you would setup a landing page with a web form that's used specifically for your efforts and not to be used by normal customers arriving on the clients site. This way you will only be dealing with leads you send to the site. Placing a pixel on your own page is very simple. Just take the conversion code and paste it on your "thank you" page. Simple.

My biggest issue with PPC has always been scaling and traffic volume and that is a concern for me here as well. My last real PPC successes are about 12 months old. I am mainly on SEO since then, but am eager to do this via PPC. I've got local customers I do web hosting for, but I think I have a few ideas in regards to getting actual LLG customers.

Kyle,
I am working with someone to help orphans.
can you please share little bit how you setup your campaigns for charity?maybe your website,landingpage?thank you.

baron - sorry for the confusion, by "charity" i just meant that i'm doing it to help friends/family, not to make a killing. I'm still working on setting the landing pages and campaigns up, but it will be done just like any other LLG campaign. I just won't be charging them for my services.

No experience here with LLG yet. I am actually waiting on a friend of a friend to get back to me on getting started for advertising for his business. Been advertising otherwise but figured LLG would be a more long term income.

thanks Kyle,you are doing 'charity' work in different form smile

Been studying LLG for sometime, and was happy to see that a quality eBook on the topic was created. I'm currently working to implement what I have been learning in the book.

I've had a small amount of experience with PPC campaigns, looking to use LLG as there is zero competition here whatsoever.

I've done it as part of my website design packages but nothing as formal as your course offers. One of my recent LLG campaign success was spending $800 adwords and generated $10k in sales revenue, but this was before I registered for the Local Lead Plan course. I'm looking forward to the success of future campaigns based on the structured plan that the Local Lead Plan has suggested.

My background is affiliate marketing. Done really well sending Adwords to Clickbank offers. That dried up after the big slap least year.

Got caught up in the "offline" craze and bought into an SEO program where I was a reseller of someone else $795 a month package and we split it 50-50. Problem was, after doing it for 6 months I couldn't get any business owners to buy into it. Not a single sale!

On the advice of some people on Local Biz Builders, I got into pay for performance a couple weeks ago. I went back to some of the people who I had discussed SEO and blew me off and proposed a deal where I get paid a cut of their profits only if my site makes a sale. Of the people I asked, 4 people have agreed to this so far. 3 of them are in the home improvement niche and for them I'm putting them on a big "Angie's List" type of site.