Topic: Low Adwords Impressions

I am running a campaign for a friend of mine who does home renovations, new kitchens baths, painting etc. I have about 80 keywords and I am set on automatic bidding it has been running for about three days and I am getting a very low number of impressions about 5 today so far and ten yesterday and my ad position is very low. Any one have any ideas why I am not getting more impressions and spending my budget. Also for most of my keywords it says its not showing and directs me to the campaign optimization tips, should I just work on optimizing my campaign according to what they suggest?. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

-Pete

Re: Low Adwords Impressions

There are many things that could cause this.

1. What are you bidding
2. What position are your ads showing in
3. What is your quality score
4. What is the search volume on these keywords

one thing that i do is stop automatic bidding.

Thanks for your help guys. I mostly used POF and facebook in the past so adwords is pretty new to me. The average position for my ad group is 27.6 The quality score for my keywords is 7/10. The search volume is good, im using keywords like bathroom remodeling, new kitchen etc.

Ive switched to manual bidding and set my bid to at or just above the first page bid estimate for my keywords so ill see if that helps. Thanks again.
-Pete

Ya, in the 29th position you aren't going to get many impressions or clicks.  Your quality score is good so it sounds like you will need to bid more and possibly increase your targeting area.