Topic: Introduction and my success story...

I've had this posted back at Chad's site in the comments but thought it was relevant here:

I’ve been doing this on a small time basis with a wedding photographer, landscaper/snow plower, and face painter.

I find them interested people on the internet and come up with an email and then a CSV file at the end of the day/week/month of people who are interested in their services.

I bill monthly which can be difficult when I’m paying my PPC bills weekly but it’s how the businesses wanted it. I get from $10/lead for the landscaper/plow company to $55/lead for the photographer.

One thing you have to keep in mind, you have to specifically agree upon the quality of the leads and there can’t be any backing out. The photographer didn’t want to pay the $30 for a few leads I sent him because they were in a lower income town/neighborhood. Too bad man! I just said I’ll sell them to his local competitors instead and he shut up quick.

Keep it small and steady when you first start and then grow it to more and bigger businesses afterward. That’s what I’m working on now. Mo money mo problems though.

My issue now is doing this full-time and trying to find more clients to work with.  The 3 of these clients takes me 1 hour day to manage now.  I'm sure I could do at least 3 or 4 more.  The setup time would take a big chunk of time at first but goes on autopilot after a few days/weeks.

I'd be happy to answer questions on my own experiences only.

Get the Local Lead Plan ebook and it'll walk you step by step to creating this company for yourself.  Total confidence builder.

Re: Introduction and my success story...

Awesome case study.  That's exactly the way to do it.  Start small and steady, then build it out.   Photographers are a great niche, that was one of my first clients as well.

Re: Introduction and my success story...

Good to know. Now that I see photographer I have a distant relative that might be a good person to hit up for LLG.