Topic: Facebook Advertising

I will start advertising on facebook for hair salon client.I have few questions:
1-do i use my own facebook account to launch advertising?
2-I guess small picture works great with facebook vs Adwords.
3-do i start with CPM or CPC?
Facebook looks different animal compared to G.

Last edited by baron (2010-04-20 16:49:45)

Re: Facebook Advertising

1. You can use your personal account, but I have all of my advertising accounts isolated from my personal account "just in case...".

2. Not sure what you mean. You don't have an option for a "large picture".

3. Test. I would start with CPC. Once you get an idea of the kind of your CTR you're getting, you can make an educated CPM bid and see which bidding model gets you less expensive clicks.

It is different from AdWords in the sense that you're targeting demographics and interests, instead of keywords and sites. But one thing remains the same... tight targeting = high CTR = inexpensive clicks.

thank you Kyle,
i will create an account on facebook just for advertising.as you said just in case smile

oops this is what i found from facebook:

"Maintaining multiple accounts, regardless of the purpose, is a violation of Facebook’s Terms of Use. If you already have a personal account, then we cannot allow you to create business accounts for any reason. You can manage all the Pages and Socials Ads that you create on your personal account.

Please keep in mind that the fans of any of the Pages you administer will not have visibility or access to your personal account or profile. Any actions that you take as a Page administrator on your Page will show the Page’s name as the actor and not your personal name.

If you wish to manage ads for multiple clients, you will need to do so from one account. We suggest you restrict all ads for each client to separate campaigns. Unfortunately it is not currently possible to designate separate credit cards for each campaign or to have multiple administrators for the same ad account."

i guess we can't use multiple accounts.

If you spend a lot, they do not mind at all. I have 3 accounts, but I don't spend near as much as I used to.

Ghazz,what's a lot?I have to start from somewhere.

Well, I got another when I hit $25,000 spent in a day, but I'm sure you can spend less then that and get another.

When adverting on Facebook,do you start with CPM or CPC?

It depends on what you are advertising. For something that is most likely going to get a lower CTR, such as a hair salon, I'd go CPC. At the very least you can test out the ads performance before spending a lot on it with CPM.