Topic: Google Invites?

Part of the local lead generation is the ability to track phone calls as outlined in the course. Sooooo. Does anyone have a Google Invite that they could send to me? This is something that is crucial for tracking.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Google Invites?

I don't have any, but you can buy Google Voice invites on ebay. Might be worth checking digitalpoint as well.

K, Thanks!

Once you get going, you might consider a paid service like this:

http://public.ifbyphone.com/pricing/basic

You can do almost everything else in local lead gen for free, but paid call tracking is something worth looking in to.  (if you can't use the Google Voice trick, or something similar)

Can anyone recommend a good call tracking service / services for the Australian market?

Unfortunately Google Voice is not available to us at this stage and those mentioned in Chad's masterpiece are limited to the US market (unless I want to pay international call rates!)

suxes wrote:

K, Thanks!

I sent it to you.

I got it thanks alot dude, I really appreciate it

I found http://www.kall8.com/index.php the other day... $2 bucks/month for 800 number (plus minutes).  Not sure the "tracking" they have, but worth looking into.

After some research into Google Voice I realized that I can't be used for local Canadian phone numbers, so it's no use to Canadian local affiliate marketing at this point. Can anyone recommend a phone tracking system for Canadians?

I bought a Google voice invite for $6 on ebay.  Looks like you can only have 1 number per account.  So that means you need a Google voice account per client?

paycoguy wrote:

I bought a Google voice invite for $6 on ebay.  Looks like you can only have 1 number per account.  So that means you need a Google voice account per client?

You can have more per account, but each additional number is $10 fee (I think one-time).

Hosted Numbers is a good service as well.  It integrates with Google Analytics as well as Omniture if you're dealing with a slightly larger client.  I think it's only for the US. 

http://www.hostednumbers.com

One larger search agency I work with has been developing their own call and form tracking software that is pretty sick.  You can generate unique numbers that will track down to the keyword level, Twitter tweets, Facebook, print ads, billboards, you name it and tie it all back to the source.  They're in beta now but it should be released to the public very soon.

I could use a Google Voice invite if anyone has extras.  I have a meeting with an interested client Thursday and I'd like to have it on hand if I need to get started.

dialectic wrote:

...You can generate unique numbers that will track down to the keyword level, Twitter tweets, Facebook, print ads, billboards, you name it and tie it all back to the source....

You can only track at the "keyword level" by having a unique number for each keyword, correct?

Hey all, I ran into this today: http://www.seoverflow.com/blog/call-tra … t-is-easy/

Haven't tried it but thought it might interest some people.

kyleirwin wrote:
dialectic wrote:

...You can generate unique numbers that will track down to the keyword level, Twitter tweets, Facebook, print ads, billboards, you name it and tie it all back to the source....

You can only track at the "keyword level" by having a unique number for each keyword, correct?

Yes, it would be more like a unique number per ad group.  If you are using the "one keyword per ad group" method then it is possible.  I don't usually get this granular unless the market is REALLY competitive and the keyword auction prices are through the roof. 

One thing we do find really useful is having a different number for organic vs. PPC leads.  It's helpful to segment your traffic this way to figure out your actual cost per lead.  Some people like to fill out the form and some people like to call.  If you're not tracking calls, then you're not getting the full picture.

dialectic wrote:
kyleirwin wrote:
dialectic wrote:

Yes, it would be more like a unique number per ad group.  If you are using the "one keyword per ad group" method then it is possible.  I don't usually get this granular unless the market is REALLY competitive and the keyword auction prices are through the roof. 

One thing we do find really useful is having a different number for organic vs. PPC leads.  It's helpful to segment your traffic this way to figure out your actual cost per lead.  Some people like to fill out the form and some people like to call.  If you're not tracking calls, then you're not getting the full picture.

Got it. I developed my own asterisk-based call tracking/routing platform. I was just making sure there wasn't some magic voodoo I didn't know about wink

peterolson wrote:

Hey all, I ran into this today: http://www.seoverflow.com/blog/call-tra … t-is-easy/

Haven't tried it but thought it might interest some people.

Interesting, thanks for posting that.